Experienced Senior Intelligence Analyst
As a Senior Intelligence Analyst, your role will be to manage and lead on the provision of complex and wide ranging analysis in accordance with the National Crime Agency's Annual Plan, the National Control Strategy and other identified priorities in the fight to cut serious and organised crime.
To manage the timely negotiation, authorisation, production, quality assurance and appropriate handling and dissemination of intelligence products to inform the decision making process. To manage, enhance and improve analytical functions within the business area.
Identify and promote good practise by developing and providing specialist expertise in analysis.
You may be expected to work directly or indirectly in tackling child sexual exploitation and abuse. This may involve exposure to child sexual abuse images and material. All officers working on or supporting this type of operational activity will undergo a psychological assessment on taking up the role and at regular intervals once in post.
By applying for this role you are confirming that you are willing to work on child sexual exploitation and abuse operations.
37,536 - 40,800 pa + London weighting
Roles based in London will receive an additional London Weighting Allowance of 3,258. Pay principles on Civil Service transfers apply for current civil servants transferring to the NCA at the equivalent grade.
Roles are available in London, Warrington, Belfast, Scotland, Bridgend, Birmingham, Bristol, Exeter, East Midlands, North East and South East.
When completing the online application form you will be given the opportunity to state up to three preferred locations.
All of our Experienced Senior Intelligence Analysts are required to hold either IPP Senior Intelligence Analyst accreditation or ALL of the equivalent points listed below relating to intelligence and supervisory experience. This evidence should have been attained within the last 12 months.
Please attach evidence of your IPP supervisor certificate with your application.
You will be asked to provide examples that evidence how you meet the intelligence experience within your application.
- Good understanding of the use of intelligence, data, information and evidence by law enforcement agencies
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. CPIA, ECHR) and its impact on the role and Agency activity
- A good understanding of analytical theory, tools and techniques
- Good understanding of information management and data integrity issues
- Experience of reviewing the effectiveness of analysis products and the type of information used in analysis processes
- IPP Senior Intelligence Analyst accreditation or equivalent
These additional skills may be taken into consideration when posting:
- Open Source Level 2
- Open Source Level 3
- i2 / Mapping software skills
- Excel for analysts
- RIPA, CPIA, Disclosure
The Selection Process
- Stage 1 - all candidates to complete the on-line application form, providing a 750 word statement to evidence the selection criteria outlined above. Candidates with IPP accreditation should attach the IPP certificate with their application
- Stage 2 - shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview, where you will be assessed on the above selection criteria together with 'Making Effective Decisions' and 'Leading and Communicating' behaviours
Candidates who meet the required standard at interview will be posted in merit order by their location preferences.
Candidates who are not initially posted as a result of this recruitment process will be placed onto a reserve list to be considered for potential vacancies over a 12 month period in merit order and by location preference.
- The NCA is a 24/7 organisation, and working patterns must support business requirements. You may be required to respond at short notice or outside of core hours.
- Officers may be required to travel throughout the UK and overseas.
- NCA are able to offer these opportunities on a permanent and secondment basis.
- You could be deployed to work on any type of investigation, including, but not limited to Child Sexual Exploitation, Cyber or Financial investigations.